The Modbus TCP/IP interface allows standardized data exchange between a PLC and the robot control.
The interface is an extension for the Integrated Control, the control is then available as a Modbus TCP/IP server. Clients like PLCs can connect and then, among other things:
- Query the status of the robot
- Query variables and digital inputs
- Specify a target position for immediate approach
- Describe position and number variables for use in robot programs
- Trigger actions such as “start program”
Basic program blocks are available for the Siemens S7-1200/1500 series.
The interface is not available on the Windows software CPRogs or iRC, but on the Integrated Control of the robot.
The Modbus TCP/IP interface will be available in September 2021. Detailed documentation is currently being prepared. If you are interested, please contact us!